Friday, December 27, 2013

An Introduction

"The only time a women wishes she was a year older is when she's expecting a baby."  ~Mary Marsh

Ever since I was a little girl I knew I wanted to be a mom. I used to causally tell my mother, as I was brushing the hair of one of my hundreds of Barbies, that I was going to have 10…no, make that 20, children! Now that I’m 24 I’m not hoping for 10…especially not 20 children; instead, I think anywhere from 2-5 little peanuts is a nice number.  I’m about two weeks pregnant with my first =)

Before I go further, let me introduce myself – my name is Ashley Guise, I’m a home maker in Southern Jersey. I married Russell, the love of my life, after five years of dating. He is truly the most wonderful man I have ever known. We recently celebrated our one year wedding anniversary December 15th (we actually think this is when the baby was conceived <3)! I am a born again Christian and have had the Lord in my life since I was in 7th grade. Although I’ve been saved for many years, I didn’t fully devote my life to Him until the past few years- this past year being an incredible year for spiritual growth, praise be given to Him.

Some other random facts: I have a BA in psychology that I’m not sure what to do with; I have a passion for the fine arts; I grew up in the country; and lastly, Russ and I have an adorably sweet natured pug named Joy (pictures coming soon!).

I have wanted to create a blog for months, but I didn’t know what I would want to write about daily. What could be so important that I’d WANT to steal time away from cleaning, cooking and drawing? I’ll tell you what – the beautiful and novel road of pregnancy. I’m a researching hound dog; I can’t help but sniff out new and interesting facts about something that interests me. I was one of those weirdos who enjoyed writing research papers in college. That’s how I’m using this blog. I can’t wait to share my symptoms, my questions, my ideas. I would like to continue blogging even after pregnancy and capture all those special moments and memories of motherhood. Whoever is reading this, I’m glad you’re coming for the ride =)

Here’s a picture of me and my husband:



2 comments:

  1. I adore you. I couldn't be happier for you that your source of written inspiration is the child we have created and our road to parenthood. I pray each and every day, multiple times for both of you and tell God how grateful I am for this miraculous blessing. I love you so much and I cannot wait to see what journeys and experiences we get to go through together. I'm incredibly excited to see what the future holds. I wish you creative thought and eloquence my beautiful wife<3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an incredible, beautiful, intelligent, and caring wife. I love you and can't wait for you to be a mommy!

    ReplyDelete